Humanized Birth – Informative Talk
Do you know what a humanized birth is? A humanized birth is based on the woman’s right to decide when, where and how to give birth, as well as to choose who will accompany her in her labor. In a humanized birth:
- Mom, dad and baby are the protagonists
- The wishes and needs of women are respected over those of doctors.
- The woman is moving during labor.
- An environment is fostered where women feel safe at the time of giving birth with: privacy, trust, tranquility and low light.
- A humanized treatment is offered attached to the laws of nature, achieving a smooth and unhurried birth.
- A delayed cut of the umbilical cord is performed
- The immediate bond between the mother and her son / daughter is favored through immediate skin-to-skin contact between mother and child